Sleeping - A Lot
FINALLY got my house cleaned. Thank goodness I had Friday off from work because what normally takes me 3 hours MAX took me almost 4 hours. I had to sit down and take a couple of breathers a few times. I think the cleaning product fumes got to me.
Because of my slowness I had to miss out on Happy Hour. Nothing sounds better then watching my friends booze it up while I sip on a Coca-Cola. Nah, it would have been fun, just a little strange. I'm always up for a drink - now it's just non-alcoholic.
Anyway, I did go to dinner with another pregnant friend of mine. We went to OTB. I have been craving their tortillas with butter dipped in queso. I'm sure your mouth is salivating too. Anyway, since she's on her second child she was sharing "war stories" on the battlefield about the labor and delivery of her first. I was seriously taking notes. The more graphic the better, so I can at least prepare myself for the inner workings (well OUTER workings) of the birth experience.
Speaking of which, Thursday I rented "Life's Miracles" from the city library. It was the PBS Nova documentary on reproduction and life inside the womb. It was very interesting and I learned a lot! I remember watching something like that in school but I giggled the whole way through. Funny now it actually touches me and brings a couple of tears to my eyes to think how awesome this whole life-making time is. I better turn it back in on time though - $3 a day late fee! YIKES.
Saturday and Sunday I've just spent with the family. It's nice being able to spend so much time with my parents and my in-laws too. Got to curb some of my food cravings too. 2 days for me consisted of a pickle, hot dog, cheese fries, regular fries, Zeke's fried fish, double-scoop cookies n' cream cone, bennigan's buffalo wings, Joe T's enchiladas and I just now had powdered donuts. Bring on the Tums!
I am sleeping a lot. It's crazy. Like right now it's 9pm and I feel like it's midnight. And I sleep until 9am the next day. Like my body can't get enough sleep. Maybe it's all the food. Maybe it's the other person growing inside of me. Oh yeah! DUH!!
More to come...Happy Labor Day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home