Thursday, May 10, 2007

Where's the Dunce Hat?

I feel like an idiot sometimes. I just don't know what I am doing. Yes, the doubt and lack of confidence are back.

We had a rough night last night. He couldn't settle down and we were up until midnight trying everything. I haven't yet learned his hunger/tired/hot/cold/held/dirty/gas cries yet. Honestly, all the cries sound the same to me.

We changed his diaper, we rocked him, we walked with him and finally I just fed him again and he fell asleep on me. Breastmilk is like alcohol to a baby. Then after that, he can't go straight into his bassinet, I have to wait until he is fully asleep to put him down. Otherwise, we are back at square one. Sheesh!

But the constant crying last night. Was it something I ate? Was it gas? Was it overstimulation?

We did have a big day yesterday - which may have had something to do with it. Since I am FINALLY cleared to drive, I kinda took advantage. We went to the dry cleaners, the post office, my friends house, my work (to show him off), my parents house and back home. We were gone from 11am - 4:30pm. I don't blame him for being pissy last night after a day like yesterday.

Poor child has to deal with his mother's cabin fever. But then I dealt with his extreme tiredness all night until midnight. So I'll call it even.

It really could be worse. He did sleep good through the night. Slept until 3am and then back down around 3:45a. And then up again at 6:30am. So I'm getting sleep, it's just not continuous. Which is more than what I expected.

We are going to the pediatrician today. I hope he's back up at his birth weight. The way he is eating (especially now - he's going through a growth spurt) he SHOULD be back up and even more.

My parents are going with me to the pedi, which will be an experience in itself. They haven't been to a pediatrician with a baby in forever! They told me stories about how they would be at MY pedi and someone would ask them if I was their grandchild (my parents had me in their 40's). Now when they take GT to the doctor, this time they can say "Yes."

It is strange though to hear "George Hendricks" at the pediatrician's office. That should be a name they call out at a proctologists office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home