Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Baby's First...Cold. :(

George Thomas reached another memorable milestone this weekend. He got a cold.

Sneezing, hacking, coughing, runny nose, sunken eyes...the works.

Poor baby. Friday I called the doctor and she told me that we just have to let it run it's course. He didn't have a fever, so we couldn't give him any Tylenol. All we could do is wait.

Which sucks. I can't do ANYTHING for him and here he is looking so pitiful. And hacking his lungs out.

I blame myself. Remember the post that I said my throat hurt and I was feeling run down? Well, sure enough, I felt better and the baby got sick. We just pass germs back and forth with breastfeeding. I can fight them off, but he can't.

Friday night we sat in the steam. We sat on the floor in the bathroom with the hot water running in the shower. I thought that after 15 minutes it wasn't really that hot and that this was a waste of time. Well, dumb mother that I am, forgot that heat RISES, so when I stood up the heat nearly took my breath away. DUH, we should have been standing the whole time.

But you try standing holding an 18 pound baby for 15 minutes! Exactly...I'm asking for a back brace for my birthday.

Anyway, Saturday we went to BRUS and bought out the entire health aisle. Humidifier, baby rub, saline spray for the nose, etc to fight this. He's now the poster child for Vicks.

He's also been sleeping in his bouncy seat to ease his drainage. I put the seat right next to our bed on my side. It's nice to have him back in our room. I got spoiled on that real quick!

We cancelled his "professional" pictures Sunday because he wasn't in a good mood and I hadn't seen him smile all weekend. Instead he got his mother with the camera taking pictures of him sick. They didn't turn out well, and I feel bad everytime I look at his pitiful face, so I deleted them.

Anyway, today (Tuesday) he is much better. YAY! So our first cold is slowly going away.

Only to follow with ____________. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home