Monday, June 25, 2007

Child of God.

George Thomas was baptized yesterday at our church. Yet again, his mother was an emotional wreck.

My tears fell as I watched my baby have holy water poured on his head. He was looking at Petey & I like he looks at us when it's bath time. It's pretty much the "Huh? What's this wetness on my head?" look.

It was too sweet.

I had the family in tears as well, which didn't help MY situation either. Seeing them cry while we stood up at the altar for the congregation to applaud us just brought on more tears.

And Petey. One tear shed. But he's a man and you know how men are.

A nice reception was held at my in-laws. Mom & Dad supplied food and utensils, the in-laws supplied the house and beverages, and I supplied the monogrammed petit fours from Bluebonnet Bakery in Fort Worth and 2 flower arrangements from AprilMayJune Designs.

Of course, I spent just as much money as my mom did for the actual food, but this is my baby, and I only want the best.

George Thomas did very well the entire day. I was really surprised. For having a handmade baptismal gown on top of a nice Feltman Brothers outfit and being 95 degrees outside, he really did well.

Me, on the other hand, am still recuperating. With help from the leftover petit fours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home