Back At Work (and enjoying it)
I'm back at work full time now. I like it. Gives me a start to my day. No more days where I don't get in the shower until 6pm. Now I'm in the shower at 6am!
I feel like I take George Thomas to school. We wake up, eat, shower, get dressed, put all our bags in the car and head out! Just like school days huh? Except I'm dropping him off at my parents, who instead of teaching him ABCs or 123s, they just hold him and give him kisses all day. Oh well, I guess he is learning how to L-U-V. Hee hee.
I see him at lunchtime, which is nice. But that might change and I might start going out to lunch with co-workers or running errands during lunch. All the things I USED to do before children! My poor parents will have to start dealing with the "Oh, I've just got a quick errand I have to do before I come get him." HA!
Anyway, the pumping thing is going well. The past 2 days I've just had enough for the bottles for the next day. But today I think I might have a bottle ready for the day after! YIPPEE!
The lactation consultant at the hospital said I wouldn't see my "true" supply until I completely substituted a feeding for pumping, which of course wouldn't happen until I went back to work. So I was freaked out at first - but now I think I'm doing okay.
I'm still drinking my beer and now I'm eating oatmeal in the mornings. Even though now I think about it:
Oats = Hops = Beer = Drink a beer in the morning
(I don't think the boss would like that)
We are still having gas issues. Poor baby cries and pulls his legs up and is miserable - especially at night time. I'm out to find some Gripe Water, I heard that helps a lot faster than Mylicon. UGH, I feel guilty. Am I drugging my child?
I can't help it, I have to give it to him. It's not every night but on some nights where I think we are going to have problems. I have to give it early on otherwise our nights won't be good. We've had good nights for a while and I like to keep it that way.
Usually we are asleep by 10:30pm, he's up for his 1:45am feeding and then back down around 2:15am. Then we are up again at 5:45am to eat and get a start on our day.
I don't think that's a bad schedule. I did read that breastfeeding babies will have that "middle of the night" feeding longer than formula babies. Which is okay for me. The hardest feeding is actually the 5:45am one. But Petey helps me with that one - he changes his diaper before we eat and burps him after we eat. So that's nice.
So not much more to say. GT is holding his head up all the time and smiling and laughing at us. He's talking A LOT (future chatterbox on our hands) and is reaching out for toys now too.
Can I freeze him so he'll never grow up? :(

1 Comments:
Awww dont worry about the gripe water.. we use the gas drops and gripe water throughout the day.. I just add it to his bottles.. and even put some in water a few days when he had had too much to eat.. thats seems to be his issue! LOL
I still dont have smiles though :( hes a moody SOB!!! LOL
6:11 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home