Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Milk Does A Body Good...

Except for my milk. George Thomas has been having some tummy problems recently. Crying, not sleeping, grunting and fussing has been troubling our child at ALL hours of the night.

Fortunately, I know the cause. Unfortunately, it's my fault.

Onions, Jalapenos, Chocolate.

Those are now on the banned food list at my house.

I'm not too happy about this. I have already sacrificed sleep, how can I sacrifice the foods I love? I know it's for the good of my child, but you would have thought he would be used to these foods by now. I ate them the whole time I was pregnant!

I mean COME ON, can't we do something for mom every once in a while!!!

Nope.

Ugh. There are other options. But I have this breastfeeding thing down and don't want to give it up just yet. So that leads me to a life of bland foods and no sweets.

At least I don't have to give up the caffeine. That would really be grounds for quitting breastfeeding.

George Thomas is 8 weeks old today. I figure he's over 12 pounds now. He is overall a good baby, he just has his bad days. And yesterday was a really bad day.

Thank you Gripe Water & Mylicon for helping us out, but I still had to put the baby in the bed with me so we could get some sleep. I'm going on about 4 1/2 hours of sleep this morning.

I just hope he got it all out of his system. The poop he had this morning came out the back of his diaper. But the diapers are too small anyway so there you go. We are trying to get rid of them before we go the next size up. I don't think we will make it.

Father's Day went well. We went to the FTW Museum to see the Star Wars exhibit. GT got a Stormtrooper onesie that also says "Star Wars" on the butt. It's pretty cute.

Okay, well no picture today. I'll have one for you this week, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home