Thursday, June 14, 2007

Comfort Food...

For Me: Double Stuff Oreos

For George Thomas: Breastmilk

I'm afraid half of the time I feed the baby for comfort. Am I giving into bad habits at 7 1/2 weeks old?

Nothing like a high pitched scream to get you to do anything for some quiet time. And it doesn't help that he continuously searches on your chest for the "gold." I have little spit spots on my shirt for him rooting around on me. He's like a baby bird with his mouth open for the worm.

But sometimes he just ate 1 hour ago and he's doing this. Could he be hungry AGAIN? I try a pacifier but that doesn't work. He sucks on it 3 times and makes a face that says "There is nothing coming out!!! Why are you giving this to me you evil person!!!"


So I feed him and he falls asleep on my chest. And by that time it's 11pm so I'm going to bed too.

Sigh. I don't know what to do. Comfort food has gotten me (and Petey) in trouble weight-wise. The child already can't fit into 3 month old clothes!

But he's too cute to say no to.

And yes, he's probably hungry anyway. Or saving some for the nighttime. He has the cheeks for it, ya know.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home