Thursday, June 21, 2007

Movin' On Up

George Thomas is outgrowing his bassinet that's in our bedroom. We figured he was getting too big for it when he started kicking the end of it during his "I'm hungry" crying fits. Yeah, he's getting too tall too quickly.


Recently he hasn't been able to get a good night's sleep in it. I think it's getting too uncomfortable for him. He knows he's too big for it and punishes us for keeping him in there by not sleeping.

So, as much as I dread it, we have to move him to his crib in his room.


ugh.

Why the "ugh" you say? Well, it's partly convenience. It's nice to have him in the bassinet in our bedroom. My sleepwalk to pick him up for his middle of the night feedings is short. Then I can take him back in the bed to feed him and catch up on some infomercials.


His room is across the house. There is no TV in his room. There is no bed in his room. We have a glider/ottoman (quite comfy I might add) for me but that's it. He'll be nice and comfy while I'll be sitting up straight in a chair staring at the clock instead of at the TV.

So again, I have to sacrifice. Something I'll be doing for the rest of my life.

But he's worth it.

And it's about time he sleeps in a $800 crib compared to an $80 bassinet. Don't you think so?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home