Why I Suck
My son and I went to the doctor today because he had blood in his poop. He was fine, but I was an emotional wreck. Come to find out that he had an allergic reaction to something I ate. Now he is getting it all out of his system and I've been asked to eat a bland diet. Yes, I suck.
And ALSO because of what I EAT, he has gained 3 pounds in ONE month! He is really only supposed to gain 1 1/2 pounds a month, but no, because I CAN"T KEEP CRAP OUT OF MY MOUTH, my child is gaining weight at a faster rate than what is "normal." And yet again, I suck.
We had a weight check today at our non-scheduled appointment:
19 pounds, 4 ounces.
At 3 months and 1 week old.
Yeah, seriously........this is crazy.
June 29th (exactly one month ago) the baby weighed 16 pounds 5 ounces. The doctor said that she expects him to gain 3 pounds by his next appointment.
Well, his next appointment is August 31st. So you can say we are ahead of the game.
I'm totally obsessing about this. The doctor says NOT TO WORRY. She says there is no such thing as an overweight baby. And she did say that again today. And I thought to myself
"HAVE YOU SEEN MY CHILD???"
How can I not worry??? This is ALL MY FAULT!!!!! The only things he puts in his mouth are my boobs and his fingers. And the last time I checked, fingers have no nutritional value.
UGH. I feel awful. Not only do I make him poop blood, I also make him fat.
I'm so depressed. :(

3 Comments:
Silly girl! You don't suck!!! If anything, you should be proud at how healthy George is...all b/c of YOUR milk! :-) FWIW, my sister is tiny and her daughter was totally off the charts for the first 3 years of her life (was breastfed as well). She's just now below 100%-tile. At least George is a boy. My sister worries about her daughter not being a "petite" girl like she is. I think it's genetics and doesn't have anything to do with what the mom eats. She's now 6 months pregnant...is only showing in her belly (darn that girl) and the baby is already 4 pounds. Her obgyn asked, "HOW do you make such big babies?" ha ha!
So I think you're doing everything right. Keep it up! :-)
5:12 AM
OMG! Holy Moly GT weighs aslmost as much as Mason & he's almost 8 months old! You've got a big boy! your poor arms- LOL! Man lately i feel like i have to force feed Mason- all he wants to DO is PLAY!!! lol
4:06 PM
There is no such thing as a big baby! listen to them! :)
Hendrix is getting up there! You wait GT will be 18 and 7 feet tall! He may be making you some money in basketball! :) I am hoping to god that H got some height from somewhere.. not sure where though! LOL
you dont suck.. !
10:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home