Turkey Talk
Thanksgiving week came and went in a blink of an eye. I knew it would too. I was thinking Wednesday afternoon (after getting off work early) that I'm going to wish on Monday that it was Wednesday again. And I do. A lot.
Petey & I don't get to spend a lot of quantity time together. Quality time always, not quantity time. Especially with 2 jobs we both work that keeps us apart on the weekends. We made up for that time the past 5 days. And we got spoiled. And now we are back to the daily grind. And sad.
We had a lot go on this past week. Got a new 50 inch flat-screen TV (that's sitting on the floor); had our first baby shower (with all the gifts stacked on the floor); put up the Christmas tree and lights (with the rest of the decorations on the floor); took puppy dog to the doctor and groomer (he lays down on the floor sometimes) and shopped a lot (the stack of bills we'll get will reach the floor).
The first baby shower was exciting. And a little overwhelming. I got lots of big items (car seat, stroller, booster seat, swing, bouncy seat, etc.) that came in huge boxes. At the beginning of it all, I started to panic a little and question my actions. All this stuff for one person? No way! Do I have any idea what I have gotten myself into? Probably not! I guess I'll find out soon huh?
All this worrying is getting to me. I got myself so scared late at night at the mall (I was with my Petey, not alone) I couldn't wait to get home to where it is safe. I feel so vulnerable in this stage of my pregnancy. If you don't see me for a while, I'm sure I'll be at home, locked in. You might find me in the closet curled up in a ball...on the floor.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home