Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Misc.

I had a dream last night that I gave birth. The details are fuzzy, but I do remember the main point.

I remember that it happened so fast I couldn't think straight. Petey & I were at the doctor and they said that we needed to go to the hospital right away.

We went to the hospital, checked in, got dressed and then the blur of doctors said that it was time.

I pushed about twice and George Thomas was born.

It took about 5 minutes from beginning to end. We had no time to pack a bag, call family, nothing.

And then that's it. I woke up and expected to see/hear a baby, but instead, I saw/felt a big belly and realized it was a dream.

I wonder if that is how it's going to end up in real life. It's going to be so quick that I won't even have time to breathe. And I've been practicing my breathing too, it would suck if it went to waste.
_______________________
I went to the Breastfeeding class last night. That was very interesting. Did you know that in Africa you have to have a prescription from your doctor to buy formula? Everyone breastfeeds over there.

I went into class with no pre-conceived ideas. I just wanted to see what it was all about. Then the nurse starts talking about the benefits for the mother and baby and I started to get all gung-ho like "I'm going to do this and it's going to work."

Then at the end, you realize how freaking hard it's going to be. There is so much that has to work right for you and the baby to be happy.

I already see myself becoming frustrated and giving up. Lack of energy and sleep is going to get the best of me and I'm going to explode.

I'll try to stay positive.
__________________________________
A friend of mine told me at my baby shower that the first two weeks after bringing home a baby you want to blow your brains out. And I thought she was pretty damn chipper.

I think I'm screwed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home