Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Best Christmas

Petey & I had a wonderful Christmas with George Thomas. We told each other that he is the best Christmas gift we could have ever received. I'm sad that it's all over, but I believe that the spirit and joy you feel at Christmas doesn't ever have to end.

So for a quick 3 minute recap of what happened here ya go!

Friday 12/21
last day of work for Petey & I. YIPPEE! Neither one of us has to go back until Jan. 2nd!

Saturday 12/22
we got in our last christmas shopping as we braved the mall. it actually wasn't that crowded, lucky for us!

Sunday 12/23
we head out to fort worth on a christmas carriage ride with our family. george thomas slept through the whole thing, so he missed out on the lights & music, but the rest of us had a great time. we ate dinner at Zeke's - they have the BEST fried fish & tartar sauce!

Monday 12/24
george thomas woke up with a nasty runny nose and cold. so at 2am i brought out the swing, put it in our room and he spent the rest of the night with us. that day we headed to Petey's parents house and celebrate with all of his 47 family members, which really didn't go over well with my sick son. but he did get a couple of naps in which helped a lot. and he did manage to sit with other family members for a while without crying. just as long as he didn't see or hear me, he was fine. we missed church but I still put him in his "church outfit" to go to my parents house. once they took pictures, I took it off and put him in his pjs. we ate dinner, opened presents (which the baby LOVED by the way!) and head home to wait for Santa.

Tuesday 12/25
Santa arrived at the Hendricks' House. A Radio Flyer Wagon, LeapFrog table, Tonka truck that you can ride & push, a Whoozit, new pair of keys and mesh feeder were all waiting for George Thomas when he woke up. we then played around with the toys and went back to Petey's parents for brunch, naps, dinner & more presents

Wednesday 12/26
george thomas went to the eye doctor. crazy, I know, but since his momma has bad eyesight, i thought we would get him checked out with my pediatric opthamologist. he said all looks good right now but gt will need glasses eventually. that was kinda sad, but expected.

Thursday 12/27
more shopping, eating, sleeping, snuggling

Friday 12/28
i decided to take gt to the pediatrician since his cough hadn't gone away. he tested negative for RSV (thank goodness) and didn't have a fever to warrant the flu. so she said all I was doing (sleeping in swing, baby vapor-rub on chest, etc.) was fine and eventually the cough will go away. i did find out that in 2 months the baby gained 1 pound and 1 ounce, so it looks like his clothes will fit him for a bit longer! momma got a massage at Daired's later in the day, which was a christmas present from her Petey. that was so nice, for the 45 minutes it lasted.

Saturday 12/29
more shopping, eating, sleeping, snuggling. Nana (Petey's mom) watched GT while we got our house nice and clean!

Sunday 12/30
see above - and we finally made it to church!

Monday 12/31
same stuff during the day. I signed up for Weight Watchers - Honey & Grandpa (my parents) watched GT while Petey & I rang in the New Year. Well, almost, we came home early, so I was able to kiss my favorite men when the clock struck 12. so nice

Tuesday 1/1
slept, ate my blackeyed peas, watched football

In a nutshell: George Thomas got a ton of toys, cash (for his 529) and Ralph Lauren clothes to last a while. But even without that, our first Christmas as a family was very special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home