Friday, February 22, 2008

1st Date

George Thomas and I went out on our first dinner date together. We haven't gone to dinner together by ourselves in 10 months. So it was time. :)

He told me that I could pick the place and he would pay. WOO HOO! So I picked Luby's. I never get Luby's because Petey doesn't like it, but Petey wasn't around (he was at a Young Men of Arlington meeting) so I took advantage of the situation.

Luby's it was.

I ordered the fried fish & mac and cheese, George Thomas ordered the mashed potatoes and red jello.

We sat down and had dinner together, just the two of us. George Thomas didn't care for the mashed potatoes (because they were made with the skins instead of cheese like his Honey's) but really liked the jello. In between bites he sat quietly and chewed on my car keys while I ate dinner.

Our conversation was great. We talked about getting bigger, crawling, talking, his birthday party and cutting his canine teeth. He would talk every once in a while but I mainly dominated the conversation. He is going to grow up to be a great listener. :)

So dinner was over and we went to pay our check. He insisted that I get a peppermint patty as dessert - especially since they were only 10 cents. I said, no, but thank you.

Afterwards we decided to head to Barnes & Noble. I told him the least bit I could do to repay him for dinner was to get him an Easter book. So he picked out Spot's 1st Easter and I got Confessions of a Carb Queen. I paid for the books and we headed home.

Once we got home he turned on the TV and snuggled with me on the couch. He gave me lots of open mouth kisses, hugs and smiles. He's pretty amorous with his momma. After a while, he decided it was time to go to bed, so Petey gave him a bath, I read his new book to him, said a prayer, sang some songs and put him down to sleep.

Overall, I would say it was a great date. I hope there is a second soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home