Mark Today in History
For the first time in 10 months (exactly), I wore a regular bra all day.
It was so nice to have my breasts perky. Or perky-looking.
I'm wearing regular bras now because, lo and behold, an end to an era has come.
I've stopped breastfeeding.
It's been a gradual thing, and I've been taking my hints off of George Thomas, who with his behavior (and his teeth) told me that he was done. And I think it's time.
We've gone for 10 months, which is way more than I expected and he and I are emotionally ready to.
Physically is a different issue. I had Petey run to the store at 9pm to buy 2 heads of cabbage. Oh yeah, engorgement is not fun.
Today was our first day with no breastfeeding, and he seemed fine. He takes the bottle perfectly (and has since he was 6 weeks old) and can now drink out of a straw and a cup (with assistance). So first one in, first one out - and it was time for me to clock-out.
Plus he was starting to think that momma was a giant teether, and with 5 teeth and number 6 coming in, that wasn't fun for me. I was actually SCARED of breastfeeding him because I was afraid of him biting me. And I think he felt my fear.
So far so good - everything is going okay. I hope it stays that way!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home