Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Under Pressure

Today was my 12 week appointment.  I am 12 weeks 6 days per my LMP, but the 8 week sono says I'm 12 weeks 1 day.  I like to go with 12 weeks 6 days just for fun, because the thought of me delivering on 12/20 totally throws me for a tailspin.

Anyway, I go and they take my blood pressure.  113/61.  This is really really high for me.  Yes, it may be normal for most people, but usually I'm about 90/50 or something like that.  (Close to death as they say).  So that kinda threw me off a bit.

Then I saw my pulse rate and that was a lovely 90 bpm.  Which again, is high.  I've never seen it over 80 EVER. 

Maybe it was the sweet tea I had, maybe it's my weight (but I lost 2 pounds since my last appt!!!), maybe it's my age, maybe...MAYBE it's my disposition. 

I really hope it doesn't get worse.  Being pregnant in Texas during summertime is never good for anyone.  I guess I should learn how to start fainting gracefully.  Note to self: watch old movies and take notes from starlets.

So we hear my little munchkins heart rate.  It takes a while for the doctor to find it because the baby is REALLY low.  But there it was.  156. 

Now I'm really not trying to compare pregnancies, but George Thomas' heart rate was 140 at this rate.  And my blood pressure was low AND my pulse rate was low. 

But I'm not comparing.  I think...

Yes, I'm about 10 pounds heavier this go around.  And 3 years older.  So again, it could be a number of things. 

But I'm not comparing. 

My doctor wants to make sure that my cerclage is necessary with this pregnancy, so I'm going to see Dr. High Risk next week.  The fun part about that is the HD sonogram.  Any chance I get to see more of my baby is fine by me!!!

I do have to leave you with one nugget: Do not take a prenatal vitamin first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.  Lesson learned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home