A Little More Conversation
George Thomas is a great conversationalist. He'll sit there and just talk and talk and talk. He throws a few "real" words in there but mainly he's just jabbering. But he's very involved and passionate about what he is talking about. He changes his body language, vocal tone and facial expressions during his conversations. It's interesting to see.
So yesterday we had a 10 minute conversation before bedtime. He wasn't saying any real words so I talked about our day and what we are going to do this week. He seemed to understand me and continued to talk. I listened and sympathized with his trouble or happiness, as noted by his tone of voice.
He's my expressive child and will talk (or yell) on his own without asking him how he feels. I think he'll be the type that interrupts a lot because he just wants to say one thing but can't wait until it's his turn. I see him as the child waving his hand back and forth in class about to burst because he knows the answer. (ala Tracy Flick in the movie "Election")
In December, his school had a Christmas party on their last day before the holidays. So it was a bit different as instead of going to his classroom, we went right to the Parish Hall for breakfast and to meet Santa. (P.S. Santa did not go well this year). But when we got there and his classmates arrived, he walked up to each one and said "hi." He went and looked for each of them (out of a crowd of 100 students & parents) so he could walk right up to them saying "hi, hi, hi!!!!" It was so cute.
He's just that child. The one that is so outgoing and has never met a stranger. And will talk your ear off if you let him.
I have many ears to lose.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home