Tuesday, August 05, 2008

We are WALKING!

Yes, the boy is FINALLY walking!!! He's still pretty wobbly, but he can take about 5-6 steps on his own before falling on his little beehind. And he's so proud of it too. Once he gets the hang of it he just doesn't want to stop. He's like a little Forrest Gump, saying...

"Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could walk like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was WALKING..."

Gosh, it's so cute and so sad all wrapped into one. My baby boy is growing up!!

We start Mothers Day Out on September 2 and I was so worried when I signed him up about all the milestones he would need to make before "school" started. And now the last one is crossed off our list. What an accomplishment for us!

GT's first trip to the beach is coming up next week. I'm sure he is going to love it.

In other news, my last day at my current job is Friday, August 8. I'm sad to be leaving, but excited to pave a new road in my career journey. I'm going to be a bit farther than I am now, and won't be able to come home for lunch, but I think it will be okay. GT will be in school 2 days a week and really doesn't need me to come home anymore the other days, so I *think* it will be fine. Well, it will be fine...for him. Maybe not for me.

I don't start my new job until August 26, so for 18 days we will have fun times! We are going to be out and about and all over! I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home