Wednesday, December 09, 2009

He Understands Me (or maybe I Understand Him)

Interesting when your child can actually comprehend and take action on what you say to him.

Me: "Leave the trains at home, we aren't taking any to school today."

Him: He leaves them both on his train track, walks out of his room and proceeds to throw the biggest fit ever.

Me: "George Thomas, I do not have time for this."

Him: Louder crying

Me: Sigh. "Fine. Go get Percy and come straight back."

Him: Runs to his room and grabs Percy and comes back to me.

Me: "Close the door."

Him: He goes back and closes the door.

And surprisingly I'm in shock. I guess I continue to see him as a baby boy that doesn't understand the words that are coming out of my mouth. But now he does. And he talks back. We converse. WITH WORDS. Not just sounds and noises, grunts and laughs, pointing and "eh eh eh."

It's so strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home