Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pill Poppin' Momma....

Not only am I taking 2 prenatals a day, I'm also taking 2 calcium supplements a day plus an anti-biotic FOUR TIMES A DAY for a gross UTI. Add that onto 2 Tylenols every 4 hours for cramping and I'm a bonafide pill popper.

I feel like some 40 year old socialite that spends her days by the pool drinking vodka and watching the lawn boy trim the hedges shirtless. With a big hat. Big white hat. Hair pulled back in a bun and super-huge sunglasses. And 5 10 and 120 pounds. hee hee.

Sigh. Anyway, I'm starting to get more and more excited about the baby. Not that I wasn't excited before, it was just more of a anxious feeling. Worry worry worry is how I have been feeling.

But now it's getting cooler and I'm remembering the past Fall seasons with my Petey. I don't know what it is about cold weather but once it hits everyone is just so much happier.

In TX you only have cold and hot and who gets sentimental about hot days? I probably dwell on getting pedicures, the sound of the amusement parks and the smell of coconut oil mixed with chlorine when it's 105 outside.

Moving on...I drove by a church this morning that had a sign out that says "Pumpkin Patch" and the details about it. Now instead of thinking, "Oh that sounds like fun, I want to go," I think "I can't wait till we have our little booper to take him/her to that. Having a child will make everything so much more fun." And it will. Not that I am just dreaming and thinking our child will just be super happy and no crying and no exhaustion for the two of us - I am thinking (or trying to) realistically.

But just the fact that we will be able to share the "child inside of us" with our own child. That's what I'm excited about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Cameron said...

pill popper... welcome to my world... but i am 5'10" and 120... ha ha ha... miss you... need to meet for dinner or something soon!!!

9:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home