Monday, October 23, 2006

Second Trimester...Now what?

So the first trimester came and went. Now I'm in my second trimester. Aside from the fact of being scared out of my wits that I'm nearly halfway done with this pregnancy, I really have no idea what to do now. Except procrastinate.

I have this whole "Ignorance is Bliss" motto going on. My words of "Oh, I don't care, whatever..." have taken over my life. I started to say that about my clothes, until my pants zipper permantely scarred my belly because it's so dang tight. Not really, but pretty close.

So after a couple of days of pain, I finally went to the mall. On a quest for Khaki Pants.

What the heck is up with khaki pants? Why are they so dang popular (and expensive)? Why are maternity clothes so expensive? Like you don't have enough financial worries with another mouth to feed they have to nail you with $40 pants and a $20 top? I imagine all the clothes company CEOs cackling like witches saying "Now I've got you my pretty - and your big belly too!!" Sigh.

So back to khaki pants. I found some. And a sweater and 2 more tops. For a grand total of $94. I would normally get 10 items for $94 but no, they screw the already screwed woman!!!!

I should end on a positive note. I believe my morning sickness is starting to go away. That would give me another 5 minutes in the morning to squeeze into a pair of pants, in case my khakis are dirty. Ha heh hmpf

P.S. Being at work late at night is kinda creepy, so I think I'm going to leave now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home