No Baby (Yet)
I've had 2 doctor's appointments since we've last talked. Has it been that long?
Friday morning (I was off from work) I went in and doc said I am 50% effaced and fingertip dilated. She said that GT is 7 pounds now. I was thinking "where is he 7 pounds?" I don't look like I'm carrying 7 pounds of baby. I feel like it though. I feel like I'm carrying 20 pounds of baby. Unfortunately, the extra 13 is all me. Oh yay.
Saturday it snowed in Texas. Yeah, I was pretty shocked too. Snowing in April in TX? WTF?? Anyway, I was out and about all day and had Cinderella Ball that night. I was praying that GT wouldn't arrive. Luckily he didn't.
However, Easter Sunday, Petey & I decided that it would be fun to check ourselves into L&D (Labor & Delivery). I was having steady contractions that lasted about 2 1/2 hours. We convinced ourselves that he was coming. But, alas, no baby. Yes, I was having contractions, but not enough for him to arrive that day. They sent us home with an F on our report card. It was slightly depressing. And still is.
Yesterday, I was so sick I stayed home from work. I'm still sick today but have to be here so I can save my days for Maternity Leave. I have the worst head cold (I blame the snow) and am all congested and stuffy. Ugh. This sucks butt.
This morning I went BACK to the doctor (I swear my car is on auto-pilot there) and now I am 70% effaced but still fingertip dilated. The doc said to put on my tennis shoes and walk. GT's head is way down there in my nether-regions that a couple of hours of walking will speed up the dilation process and probably put me in the hospital for real.
So I walk. I'm walking the dog this week with Petey and going to the mall all day Saturday. I've stopped using the elevator at work and parking a little further away at the store.
I also want to walk because my doctor won't consider induction until I'm 41 weeks!!!!! I think I'll have every hair pulled out of my head by then. The reason she will let me go that long is because I don't have any problems with weight, blood pressure, diabetes or that George Thomas is too big.
Damn normal, complication-free pregnancy.

2 Comments:
haha! guess my comment got you posting! are you tired of everyone asking "is there a baby yet??" LOL
I was always told you'll efface (thinning of the cervix) to 100% before the serious dialation begins. but once you get to 100% effaced, its really EASY to dialate then. I walked around at a 2 and effaced 80% for 2 weeks (sorry not much help there) my sister walked around dialated at a 5 for 2 days then they induced her! HOW she walked around that dialated with NO contractions is still a mystery to us!!! hahah! keep me on the list to call or email- i wanna know when it happens! :)
1:58 PM
Be glad that his head is low.. those internals become alot less fun (not that they are!) when the baby is high like this little one.. because the Dr tries to "touch" him! OWWWWW
Although we get induced at 38 weeks.. I can still imagine how ready you are! :)
Hang in there.. I am sure it will be soon! :)
8:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home