Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Open Sesame!

Tomorrow I get my cerclage (aka "the stitch") taken out. The $700 stitch that kept GT in for the past 4 months so he could cook longer.

I wonder if it's going to hurt? I wonder what it looks like? I wonder if I'm losing my mind? (Yes, you are.)

Petey is now required to attend the next 4 doctors appointments with me. So he will be there when I am being prodded with a pair of long scissors. (I know...I shouldn't fill your mind full of unwanted visuals.)

I told him to look at it, I'm really interested to see what it looks like. Should I keep it? I mean I paid for it and all, it is technically mine! Nah...that would be really gross. And not something that I would want my mother to keep, so I won't do that for my son. I think that might be a rationalization for me forever.

Anyway, tonight we have to clean (yep, didn't have the energy to do it last night) and have to get the car seat installed and the hospital bag packed.

Why you ask? Because George Thomas could be here any day after "the door has been unlocked." So we have to be prepared in case we have to go to the hospital at any moment.

I also have to sit on a towel from here on out. In the event that my water breaks while I am driving or if my water broke and I have to drive myself to the hospital. The amniotic fluid can actually RUIN your car seats. RUIN. And I don't think that's covered under warranty.

Same with the mattress. I'm sleeping on a mattress pad in case it happens while I am sleeping. If I'm cuddled next to Petey at the time, then that's just added bonus for him. HA!

I should have kept those puppy pads that I threw away during one of my nesting urges. I can only imagine what the dog would think of me, sitting on one of those. He would probably show me where to potty and then give me a treat.

I should just wear a diaper everywhere I go.

So I'm 36 weeks today. That's just ridiculous.

Did I ever think I would make it this far? NO.
Did I ever think that I would actually become a parent? NO.
Did I ever think that I would survive pregnancy? NO.
Did I ever think that I would love someone so much that I haven't even met yet? NO.

And now, here I am. The final stretch. The countdown. T Minus 28 days and counting until GT is here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara Scott said...

Hey there, I read your blog often, via Aprils blog, I am 35 weeks on Sat and find your posts amusing and entertaining.. mine are just bitching! LOL

Its also weird that my Baby is called Hendrix and thats your last name.. how strange! Anyway good luck with everything.. and I will keep up to see when your little one gets here.. I am on bedrest now and so I have lots of time! :)

7:01 PM

 
Blogger April said...

Hey Girlie!
I cant wait for you to be able to read back on your funny blogs and think...man pregnancy wasnt that bad! lol you'll find its so worth it. being a parent seems so natural now! (that's after the first 6 weeks which can be brutal! LOL) I do want an email when GT is born so Mason & I can stop by and welcome him!!

8:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home