Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Okay, it's not funny anymore

The morning sickness is starting to get a little old.  I'm 17 weeks today and I feel like I'm still in my 1st trimester, for as sick as I'm getting every morning.

If I don't have a Coke, I get a major headache and stomachache (talk about addiction!), if I don't eat often enough, I get a stomachache and headache.  If I try to accomplish anything productive, I ...well, you get the point.  So I'm too sick to get anything done, too tired by 9pm to get it done then, I'm just pretty much worthless.

The baby has requested larger accomodations, meaning my stomach and insides are starting to pop out.  My belly button is sloooooooowly starting to surface, and my lovely c-section incision is starting to stretch.  That's not a fun feeling at all.  :)

I'm 100% that I will be getting another cerclage.  Better safe than sorry.  Even though my cervix is nice and thick, the doctor doesn't want to take a risk of something happening after the 24 week mark, which is the cutoff point for a cerclage.  If something does happen at that point, it's strict bed rest.  YAY! (not really)

I'm still trying to take these prenatals, but they just aren't working with me.  GT let me take 2 prenatals and 1 calcium supplement every day for 40 weeks.  This baby won't even let me digest a damn Flintstones vitamin.  I'm not sure how this baby is going to turn out, I'm sure fine, but I shouldn't expect chunky-chunk thighs like GT had when he was born.  And he lifted his head while in the hospital.  Talk about impressive!

Next Friday, July 16 we will be able to start calling this baby by name.  The way things are going I'm thinking it's a girl, but my gut instincts are usually wrong.  I've never been pregnant twice so I can't say if this is normal or abnormal for me.  I'm just happy to have a healthy baby either way.

And onward we go.  Hopefully without our head in the toilet. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home