Friday, September 10, 2010

She's getting big! (Which "she" are we talking about?)

So I gained 7 pounds in one month.  I'm 10 pounds away from the weight I was when I checked into the hospital with GT.  Kinda depressing.

I pulled out my old maternity clothes from the GT pregnancy, and most of them were size L.  I don't think one boob can fit in a size L now.  I'm 26 weeks and the XL is getting a little snug in all the wrong places.  More depressing.  
I'm trying to place blame on Ellie.  Mainly because she's not able to fend for herself.  "Oh, she's growing like a little weed." "Her kicks are getting stronger the bigger she gets!"  These are common statements I make on a daily basis.

But in all fairness, when the cashier dude at the McDonald's near your work recognizes you, you've got a problem. 

"Don't pee on my foot and tell me it's raining!"  In other words, I'm not buying your bullshit.


So I do have to take the blame.  I mean, she's not telling me that a Big Mac sounds good, or that she could really go for a Whataburger bacon taquito right now, that's my brain telling me that.  Or my stomach.  Or my back fat.


Damn, can I not eat like crap without feeling guilty at some point in life?  Oh, yeah, that was childhood.

But today I went to Dr. High Risk, and he said that Miss Ellie was a whopping 2 pounds!  4-5 ounces over the "normal" size for a 26 weeker. 

So I'll take about 60% blame, and I'll give her 40%.  Does that work?  While your thinking about it, I'm going out for a Big Mac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home